Time is based on Central European Time (CET)
Date: Day 2, Thursday, 3rd February
Time: 2:15pm to 2:45pm
Name: Lukas Klingsbo
Game development with the Flame engine
In this talk we will have a look at Flame's first stable release (1.0.0) and how to start creating games with it, no previous game dev experience is needed.
After this talk you will be able to understand the basic concepts of Flame and how to use them to start making Flame games.
We will go through:
- What a game loop is.
- The boilerplate needed to start creating a Flame game.
- What the Flame Component System (FCS) is.
- Some important components.
- A brief introduction to the effects system.
- A brief introduction to the collision detection system.
- Bridge packages.
- How to get help if you get stuck.
With these building blocks you will be able to start making your own games in no time!